About LEYC > History of LEYC
Created: 5/8/2010 1:17:25 PM, Updated: 6/2/2011 4:51:44 PM
Links to a variety of articles about the history of LEYC and the site on which it is currently located.
Lough Erne Yacht Club now occupies a former WW2 RAF site built in 1941 for Catalina Flying boats.
The former slipway, moorings and hangar are now used for members' sailing boats, power boats and caravans. The Clubhouse, with changing rooms, bar and social facilities was built in the 1960s & 1980s. A marina containing berths with full water and electricity was completed in 1992 and an extension with space for an additional 28 berths has recently been added.
WWII History: click here to read the article
Erne Sailing in the 1820's: click here to read the article